News & Updates
- The Board Reviewing Performance of the Agency During quarter one of the Financial Year 2023-2024.
- Kenya Water Towers Agency and Mama Doing Good Inks an MOU on 3 Million Seedlings.
- Kenya Water Towers Adopts Ondiri Wetland Under the ;Adopt A Wetland’ Initiative by Ministry of Environment and NEMA.
- Launch of National Tree Planting Day at Bomas, Ngong Forest; 13 November.
- Tree Planting at Kapkongony Swamp in Nandi County
- Recovery of Maasai Mau Water Towers.
- Restoration and Rehabilitation of Maragoli Hills.
- Public Virtual Meeting on Carbon Markets Regulations
Who We Are
Conserved water towers: Our shared heritage
Kenya Water Towers Agency (KWTA) is a State Corporation mandated to coordinate and oversee the protection, rehabilitation, conservation and sustainable management of water towers in Kenya. The Agency falls under the Ministry of Environment and Forestry and was established in 2012 through provisions of the Kenya Gazette Supplement No. 27, Legal Notice No. 27 of 20th April 2012.
Conserved water towers for sustainable development
To coordinate and oversee the protection, rehabilitation and conservation of water towers